Sunday, August 22, 2010

The smallest place I've ever eaten

Ben took Alonna and I out to breakfast today (my favorite meal!). We wanted to go somewhere other than I-Hop or Whataburger so I went on my friend Yelp and found a restaurant called Mi Casita. I know this means little house, but I didn't really know how little until we pulled up. We knew that it was in the parking lot of the local bowling alley, and that it would be small but when we arrived we didn't know how small. The dining room consisted of 4 closely packed tables, a small porch, a small kitchen a drive thru and that's it. We talked about going to the much bigger place across the street but decided that it we should at least try it and make Ayesha proud.
front- about 2 car widthes

Side view- that's it

When we got in, the 2 women were very sweet like most of the people we have met her and told us all about the menu. We both ordered the  breakfast burritos and took out seats. Ben tried the pineapple-habanero salsa and was in love (bit too hot for me). He was explaining how he thought the salsa should be entered in the salsa contest and how it would win no problem. When we got out food, it was bigger than my head!! and boy was it good. We sat and ate and ate and ate some more. I wish I wore sweatpants or at least a skirt with elastic. Ben and I are in love with the little house and will return many many times- and I have breakfast for tomorrow!!
ps Alonna loved it so much she screamed when we left and if you know Alonna she doesn't usually get upset :)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this blog post. I'm so glad that you gave this place a chance (see, there is something so wonderful and beautiful about eating local)! I also want to say that I love you and this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to eat at the little house too! This looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete